Wednesday, July 2, 2014

I'm moving to Alaska!

 
 
Hello everyone! My name is Olivia and here in about 27 days I will be packing up my life here in Ohio and moving all the way across the country to Eek, Alaska. I could not be more excited (and a little nervous)!
 
This blog is for anyone that's interested in hearing about what it's like teaching in bush Alaska. Mind you this is also my first year teaching, so hopefully I will be able to shed some light on that perspective as well. Also, this is my very first blog....please bear with me.
 
How did I decide on Alaska you ask? Well, I interviewed with a representative during a job fair at the university I graduated from. We emailed, I had a Skype interview, a couple of phone interviews, and I got the job! Obviously there are more details, but those are the basics. I have always wanted to move to another state, but I never thought in a million years I would end up in Alaska. I could not be more happy or excited about my decision though.
 
I have gotten several different reactions about my decision: disbelief, excitement, encouragement, but in the end everyone has supported and encouraged me whole-heartedly. This will be an amazing opportunity and I could not let it pass me by. So when I was offered the job I grabbed it and have kept pushing forward.
 
Like I said, this is my first year teaching AND it is my first time ever moving or living away from home. Also, my first time ever actually going to Alaska. This will be a year full of firsts. I am very excited to embark on this journey and I hope you will join me along the way!


No comments:

Post a Comment