Thursday, December 18, 2014

Turkey Day!

     This was the first time in my life that I have been away from home for Thanksgiving. It did make me miss my family, but I was able to Skype with all of them after they had dinner and then I got ready for my own Thanksgiving here in Eek. Some of our teachers went to Anchorage for the four day weekend, so it was just Lynn, Ashley, and I. We had Thanksgiving dinner with Brett, Kristen, and their two children. I made some peanut butter pie and cream corn. Dinner was great and we all had a good time relaxing and eating some delicious food.


Skyping with my family, my beautiful cousin (we were excited to talk).


Ashely and I watched these two cuties while Brett and Kristen were getting dinner ready.


We had a pretty fun weekend. We had a Jurassic Park marathon and I had hot chocolate in a dinosaur mug.


And we made snow flakes for our windows. Would you look at that it even snowed a little!

     Actually it snowed enough that several of our teachers got stuck in Bethel and could not get back to the village on Sunday. So we had a "snow day" on Monday. I like to call it a "not enough teachers day." All in all it was a pretty good weekend and we all had a good time. Now the countdown for Christmas begins!

No comments:

Post a Comment