Sunday, December 21, 2014

Night Walk, Snowy Village, and Christmas Cookies!

     So I know many of you have been curious about the daylight hours up here in Eek. Right now the sun comes up close to 11:00am and is setting by 4:30pm or 5:00pm. The days are pretty short, but I really don't pay much attention to it. I've gotten use to it and I take my vitamin D, which helps a lot. So by the time we are getting out of school the sun is already starting to set. Ashley and I took a walk one evening in the dark. Some may think why would you go out and walk in the dark, well that's our only option.


Taking a nice night time stroll through the village.


It's pretty dark in some places...


Hardware store by the river and someone plowing the runway.


Eek from the airport with the moon shining down on it.

     So we finally did get some snow (Yay!). It is exciting! It's still not a whole bunch, but it is something and I will take it. Although I hear by the time I get back from Christmas break it could be gone.



     What would the holidays be without making cookies! Caitlyn has an amazing sugar cookie recipe, so we cut out some cookies, baked, and decorated them. It was nice because my mom and I usually make Christmas cookies together.


Craig and Victoria came upstairs to help us...


Caitlyn working her magic!


So we kind of had this little problem where we wanted to eat more cookies than we were decorating....


Caitlyn had to cut us off, she was like "We had more cookies than this, where did they all go?!"


Cue innocent looks from all of us cookie decorators... :)


We FINALLY got them all decorated!


They looked pretty awesome.

     As I've said before, we always find ways to entertain ourselves. We always have a good time though! Last Sunday we had dinner with the Stirlings, kind of our own little Christmas dinner together. It was very nice and the merriment was plenty. Well I'm on a plane headed home for Christmas break. I plan to throughly enjoy myself and spend as much time with family and friends as possible. Words can not express how grateful I am for them, they have been so supportive of me and I can't wait to share some of my stories in person. Plus, I got some pretty cool gifts for people. Shhhhh! Don't tell.... ;) 

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year everyone! Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment