Wednesday, April 1, 2015

Anchorage!

     Last month Kayla and I went to Anchorage, she had to go in for a training and I just wanted a little weekend getaway. It was nice to have a little break and head to the big city! Our friend, Heather, from Quinhagak was there for spring break so we all got to hang out together. We went out to eat, did a little shopping, took in some of the beautiful scenery, and I even went to a movie. It was a pretty great weekend!


The first thing we did the morning after we got there was go to Snow City Cafe. Best breakfast in Anchorage hands down. And according to Yahoo it is the #1 diner in Alaska. I would have to agree, their stuffed french toast is out of this world! If you ever go to Anchorage, go have breakfast there! Make a reservation though because they tend to be very busy.


I believe this body of water is Cook Inlet.


Driving down the Seward Highway.


Stopped at a pull off and did a short hike.




Nice lookout area. The scenery is beautiful!





Our short little hike...


The stream was frozen in time.


     We had dinner at the Glacier Brewhouse, which is another great place worth going to if you ever make it to Anchorage. I also had an eye appointment to go to(I know, exciting stuff). I went to the movies to see Cinderella and then I just relaxed in the hotel. The hotel we stayed at has a fitness club where you can go swim or sit in the sauna or steam room and just relax. All in all it was a great weekend! Anchorage is a lot of fun and I wish I could have seen more, but there is a lot to see. It is really beautiful, I think that about Alaska in general though.

No comments:

Post a Comment