Thursday, October 23, 2014

Lunar Eclipse

     I woke up around 1:00 am on October 8th to see the total lunar eclipse or Blood Moon. This was the second eclipse in a tetrad, a series of four consecutive total lunar eclipses in 2014-2015. It was pretty cool to watch. I was up for about 2 hours and watch the penumbral phase and watched the total eclipse phase in. And because I had school the next day, I opted out of watching it phase back out. I was able to get some pics of it. I was taking these through a window so the moon is doubled in some of them.


I woke up just after it started.


You can see where the penumbral is phasing in and then where the moon is starting to turn red.




                                        Almost gone.....                                 Nearly there....


Blood Moon!


                                                             The moon in the morning when I went to work.

     Just one of those little things in life that was pretty cool to witness. Next I want to see a total solar eclipse!

No comments:

Post a Comment